I’m a huge ice cream lover, but it’s been a while since I’ve had ice cream in a cone. We were in Fort Bragg last week and stopped at a place called Cowlicks where I got black rasberry chocolate chip ice cream in a waffle cone. When we got home and I did my weekly shopping I just had to get some cones but could not find a flavor comparable to what I had at Cowlicks……so naturally I made my own. In this recipe I use local Brentwood Plums and all organic ingredients. It tastes just as refreshing and heavenly as it looks.
2 cups plum preserves
2 cups organic heavy cream
1/3 cup organic cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
1. Stir together cream, sugar, vanilla extract and honey to a saucepan and cook on medium until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add plum preserves to a blender and add 1/4 cup of cream mixture in with the plums
3. Blend on high until it is a smooth, creamy consistency
4. Add blended ingredients into a large bowl
5. Add cream mixture into bowl with plum preserves and mix together well
6. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refridgerate at least 4 hours
7. Once refridgerated at least 4 hours, remove from fridge and mix in chocolate chips
8. Poor into your ice cream maker and mix according to your ice cream maker directions (mine is about 25 minutes)
9. Store in a sealed container in the freezer or devour it right away, your choice 😉