For Christmas 2015, “Santa” bought Matt and I a nutribullet. I have become slightly obsessed with smothie bowls because of it. They are delicious, you can add all kinds of toppings, it’s healthy and yummy! Allergy season has kicked in and I add a little local honey (which is supposed to help). Here’s the recipe, all ingredients are organic:
1 banana (can be frozen)
1 small handful of frozen strawberries
3/4 c unsweetened coconut milk
1 large handful spinach
1/2 handful kale
1 tbsp honey
Throw ingredients in your nutribullet (or blender will work) and blend away. Pour in your bowl and add whatever toppings you like! I add about 2 teaspoons of the super seed and ancient grain blend from Trader Joe’s (it has sprouted buckwheat, flax seed, quinoa, hemp, chia and amaranth), shredded coconut, almonds, and fresh berries. Enjoy!
I’m so excited about this recipe! Not only is it super healthy, but I got to use my new ramekins I got at World Market the other day! This meal is such a great way to start the day. You get a handful of fresh veggies along with some protein to keep you full. The egg yolk also remains nice and runny after baking which is my favorite part 🙂 Hope you enjoy!
2 Bellpeppers, chopped
2 small zucchini or 1 large, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
small handful of fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp evoo
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 -8 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Put veggies, salt and pepper, basil, and parmesan cheese in roasting pan and toss with evoo.
- Roast veggies for 30 minutes.
- Spread veggies evenly among ramekins.
- Make a small well in each ramekin and crack an egg over the top.
- Place all ramekins on an oven tray and bake for about 20-25 minutes.